Friday 1 October 2010

Some practicalities!

I have just arrived home from a day visiting schools to no electricity. I'm really glad now that I practised lighting the lamp during the week  Here is a picture of the kerosene light we use when there are power cuts. Electricity came about 2 months ago to Ngororero so before that this is what my housemate used every evening. It gets dark here at about 6 o'clock so people tend to go to bed early and then rise early. I usually get up at about 6 and go to bed at about 9.
I had a great day visiting schools in very rural areas.  I think some of the people I met today had never seen a muzungu (foreigner) before.  It was market day so there were a lot of people and they all gathered around to have a look at me.  It was very funny! I'll try to write more over the weekend but for now I better conserve the battery since I don't know when the electricity will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment