Thursday 30 September 2010

Update from the West Province

Hi all,
Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement for my blog. It'll keep me motivated to update it! there have been 213 hits to date from 7 different countries! I just spent the past hour uploading photos and then somehow deleted them by accident so you'll have to wait another few days for more pics!

Things are really good here. Today I visited some secondary schools which gave me a chance to see some of the beautiful views.  I love all of the hills and valleys. I think it's the most beautiful country that I have ever visited.  Those of you who can should come to visit! I can even offer you a spare mosquito net.

The food is good here. Last night we went to a local bar to have some goat brochettes and igitoke (which I'm pretty sure is plantain).  The last time we were there it was very chewy but this time they were really nice. Apparently the key is to ask them not to give you the insides or the spine! Although a good friend and mentor of mine actually prefers it! Horses for courses ...

Ok! My housemate is calling me for dinner so I'll say ijoro ngiza (sp?) for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment